Furry roleplay, anything goes. Limited rules. Have fun

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inChatBox

Share | 

Always the same, but always changing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lockjaw

PostSubject: Always the same, but always changing.   Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:49 am

Ahh the mall. A combination of everything that could be imaginable, and unimaginable. A saber who had been here many times before, but not in a while found his way back here. The smell of the pretzels tantalized his snout as he walked over.

Lockjaw had missed this place with all of its glory. The sights, the sounds of parents and kids screaming with the chatter of teens walking by, and more importantly the loud base of an old arcade that still stood here to this day. His place, and his type of games. he needed a little R&R with some DDR.

He tried tapping out some song, but his wings always worked against him for that. He reached the blaring "GAME OVER" screen before asking if anyone wanted to join him. The silence told him what he needed to know, as he huffed, an azure flame escaping as he went to flop on the racing machines. A jackrabbit had taken on a song called "Captain Jack" as it began blaring in the background. Lockjaw's wings unfolded, what he didn't know was that the second player seat was occupied.

Lockjaw
The song playing in the background
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cassius Agera

PostSubject: Re: Always the same, but always changing.   Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:40 am

The wolf in the second player seat was concentrating hard. His paws were on both the petals, he kept one hand on the wheel and the other on the stick. He ended up getting a game over but he wasnt mad. He got the high score on the hardest track. Afterwards he noticed the saber who sat down next to him. "Well hello there. You want to race I take it? My name is Jordan and I'll be happy to race ya." He has a heavy British accent but still be understood.

Jordan

Lockjaw

PostSubject: Re: Always the same, but always changing.   Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:09 am

Turning to the wolf, he sighed, happy that someone was willing to hold the old ways of arcade etiquette. "I'd love to, Jordan. Thanks. The name's Lockjaw by the way." Lockjaw pulled out a couple of quarters from his pocket and slid them into the cracked red slot of his machine. "So, what brings a man with your accent around here?" Lockjaw's curiosity piqued as he pulled a hair-pin drift in the game, nearly tipping over the edge.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cassius Agera

PostSubject: Re: Always the same, but always changing.   Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:49 am

Jordan kept good control of his vehicle in the corners. only drifting where necessary. "A lot of people ask me that. I needed a change of pace. Go somewhere where there is more to offer. Then people ask me why I stay. I can show you why I stay. Tonight if you want." He got to the end of the course but he didn't get a high score.

Lockjaw

PostSubject: Re: Always the same, but always changing.   Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:57 pm

This course was too hard for Lockjaw to handle, each corner nearly causing him to flip off an edge. "It would be a pleasure," He said as he finally reached the end in 5th place. The car was in tatters and smoking as he couldn't help but chuckle. "I'm surprised I even made it in one piece." For now, though, I want to grab a bite to eat. Haven't eaten all day.

He stood up and began walking over to the food court, bringing Jordan along. "I'll cover ya if you'd like, I have a bit of extra cash right now."

Last edited by Lockjaw on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cassius Agera

PostSubject: Re: Always the same, but always changing.   Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:05 pm

Jordan got up and stretched. "Naw I'll cover myself. Don't like people paying for me." He grabbed a burger from McDonalds he didn't feel like waiting too long and he didn't want to keep his new friend waiting either. He sat down and started eating.

Lockjaw

PostSubject: Re: Always the same, but always changing.   Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:30 pm

Eating some chicken nuggets, Lockjaw looked around. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, and the workers around here were actually cheery. There wasn't anything amiss aside from the fact that there wasn't much going on. No drama, nothing bad, just the peaceful chaos of everyday life. Lockjaw finished before standing up. "Well, that's much better. So, whenever you'd like I can follow you! I may fly behind since it's such a beautiful day out, though." he unfurled his wings, loudly echoing within the mall as he tried to stretch them out a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cassius Agera

PostSubject: Re: Always the same, but always changing.   Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:51 pm

Jordan quickly finished up his meal. "Yeah you could do that. But once we get close enough I'll wait for you so you can hop into the car. That way you can also experience why I stay. " He got up and stretched a little. "Well I'm ready to go when you are."

Lockjaw

PostSubject: Re: Always the same, but always changing.   Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:06 pm

Lockjaw took a brief moment to fly around, stretching out as he did so. Each flap of his wings bringing him higher until he dive-bombed to a landing. "Alright, now that I have that out of my system, let's go ahead and ride!" He followed Jordan to his car. I wonder what he could be wanting to show me, Lockjaw thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cassius Agera

PostSubject: Re: Always the same, but always changing.   Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:17 pm

Jordan stood there in awe as Lockjaw flew around the place. He then brought Lockjaw to his car which was a matte black Mazda RX-8. "Who needs cylinders when you have a rotary engine." He got into the car and started it up. "Not as loud as those V8 engines. I like it better that way."

Jordan's RX-8

Lockjaw

PostSubject: Re: Always the same, but always changing.   Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:08 pm

The RX-8 didn't have a guttural roar like Lockjaw had expected, but still was impressive none the less still managed to astound him. "Well, rotary or V8, this thing's still pretty impressive," He felt himself shaking a bit as the engine kicked in to gear. "So, of all things in this place that could keep you here, I'm excited to see what you have to show me," Lockjaw smiled as he looked at Jordan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cassius Agera

PostSubject: Re: Always the same, but always changing.   Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:37 am

Jordan smiled and drove up to the mountains. Night started to fall as well and there were no light posts. Once Jordan hit the base of the mountain he revved up the car and started racing up the mountain, just like that game they played. He drifted through the hairpins but kept grip though other corners. Once he got to the top he pulled off into a parking lot off to the side. There were other racers walking about and having conversations. "Everyone up here is so nice. I don't get to drive on these kinds of roads either back home." He sighed a little. "Well you want to see the rest of the mountain course?"

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Always the same, but always changing.   

Back to top Go down

Always the same, but always changing.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1